Welcome to St. Mary's of the Lake
All public masses, gatherings, meetings and faith formation remain limited or suspended by the Diocese of Syracuse. There will be limited Masses celebrated at St. Mary's until further notice**. Also, no faith formation, ministry or other meetings.
The church is open for visitation weekdays from 12:00pm to 3:10pm. Please wear a mask the entire time you are in the buildings and use hand sanitizer when entering and leaving the buildings. Please check in at the office when entering and when leaving.
Please also take advantage of our
beautiful Grotto for prayer if you
Have you heard the Good News? St. Mary’s will be celebrating Mass this weekend, Pentecost Sunday, May 31st at 9:00 am in St. Mary’s of the Lake parking lot.
Things to note before deciding if you should attend:
- Dispensation from the obligation to attend Sunday Mass remains in effect until further notice. You may continue to stream Mass at home on Sundays.
- We will be limited to approximately 50 cars – parishioners will remain in their cars during Mass. We will be asking everyone attending to register ahead of time
- If you are sick, have a fever, cough or have a compromised immune system, for your safety and that of others you should stay home
If attending please register by Friday, May 29th by noon.
- Please call 315.685.5083 by Friday, May 29th by noon or email [email protected]
- Please let the office know if you require handicapped parking
Before you leave home Sunday – please bring:
- A mask for each person in your car who will be receiving Communion
- Hand sanitizer to use before and after receiving Communion
- Please note that there will be no bathrooms available for use on the St. Mary’s campus.
Arriving at St. Mary’s on Sunday:
- Parking lot will open at 8:30 am
- All cars will enter the lot off Jordan St (entrance next to the parish center)
- Ushers will direct you to a row, you will pull all the way forward
- If you have registered as handicapped parking, you will enter from Austin St.
- All parishioners will remain in their vehicles
- No collection will be taken. You may mail offerings to the office
- We will do our best with a sound system so you will be able to hear. We appreciate your patience with this
- Ushers will direct parishioners when to stand next to their car for Communion. Please do not leave your car until directed to
- Before leaving your car please use hand sanitizer and put on your mask covering your nose and mouth
- When directed by the usher to leave your car please, stand next to the car on the driver’s side
- Fr Dunn or a Lay Extraordinary Minister of the Eucharist will approach. Leave your mask on. Once you have received the Body of Christ in your hand wait until Fr Dunn or the Lay Extraordinary Minister of the Eucharist moves at least 6’ away. Then lower your mask and consume the Body of Christ and return to your car for meditation.
End of Mass:
- Ushers will direct cars by row to leave. Please do not move until directed by an usher.
We appreciate your patience, prayers and sense of humor as we navigate new ways to come together and celebrate the Good News. God Bless!
We are currently working on a plan for daily mass with a limited number of people and will be communicating that plan when finalized.
Ascension to Pentecost Virtual Retreat
Spend the days between Ascension and Pentecost in prayer with the online retreat, Waiting for the Spirit. Our nine-day spiritual retreat series will start May 22, 2020, and conclude May 30, the Vigil of Pentecost. Each day will include prayer suggestions and a video reflection inspired by the daily Gospel.
on Covid-19 and the status of the celebration of Sacraments in the Syracuse Diocese
In May we traditionally honor and celebrate our Blessed Mother. This year Pope Francis has asked that we pray the Rosary everyday of May.
For resources to help learn and pray the Rosary please visit our Faith Formation website Mary, Month of May page
Additionally, Pope Francis wrote two prayers to Mary that can be recited at the end of the rosary, prayers he said he would be reciting "in spiritual union with all of you."
Both prayers acknowledge Mary's closeness to her son's followers and ask for her protection and for her intercession just as she interceded with Jesus on behalf of the newlyweds at Cana who had run out of wine for their wedding feast.
The prayers and articles on the Pope's request can be found HERE and HERE
Fully Alive, A Virtual Easter Retreat,
from Good Ground Press
Journey the seven weeks of Easter (April 12th through the week of Sunday, May 24th) with Dorothy Day, Francis of Assisi, Hildegard of Bingen, Teilhard de Chardin, Paul the apostle, and Julian of Norwich.
A message from the Campaign Against Hunger: To all our Parishioners from the CAH ministry: At a time when our food pantries are experiencing great demand, we have not been able to collect donations to send. We are asking those of you who have continually supported the CAH mission to donate now, if you can. We will make sure all money received is sent where the needs are greatest. All donations can be sent to St. Mary's with a request that it be used for the Campaign Against Hunger. Thank you for your generosity!
5th Anniversary of Laudato Si - Laudato Si Week, May 16th - 24th
To watch mass at home:
Bishop Robert Barron will be streaming mass each day HERE
Sunday and daily Mass streaming and broadcast schedule and links to viewing for Syracuse diocese churches can be found HERE
Click HERE for other mass options for different ages
Fr Dunn's May 24th Homily HERE
Reconciliation is available by appointment - please call 315 685-5083 to schedule - please leave a message.
A quick video from the families of St. Mary's of what "home" is looking like right now.
Letter from Bishop Lucia to the FaithfulHERE
Frequently Asked QuestionsHERE
The Church's Liturgical Response to the Coronavirus HERE
Skaneateles Community Resource webpage HERE
If you need assistance with food during this time, the SCSD in conjuntion with the Ecumenical food pantry and the Skaneateles Outreach will be providing meals to any community member. Click HERE for more info and contact info to get meals.
Please visit our Facebook page - St. Mary's of the Lake Skaneateles, NY (click the facebook icon on the top of this page) for updates on St. Mary's, the Syracuse diocese, reflections, prayers and more or click below.
Please click the button below to go to the St. Mary's online giving page.
At this page you may change your online giving preferences or you may set up an account to start online giving.
Or you can mail your contribution to St. Mary's of the Lake, 10 West Austin Street, Skaneateles, NY 13152
Prayer Chain requests
To email requests: [email protected]