Mass details for COVID
For the Summer of 2021 St. Mary's is currently celebrating the Sunday liturgies at
4:30pm Saturday afternoons, in church;
9:00am Sunday mornings in the parking lot;
and Sunday mornings at 10:15am in the church.
On September 5th the 9am parking lot Mass will become an 8am Mass in church instead.
On June 15, COVID-19 restrictions were lifted throughout New York State. Bishop Lucia therefore wishes to inform you that most restrictions placed on houses of worship in the Diocese of Syracuse are now lifted.
- Masks for those who are fully vaccinated continue to be optional. NYS and CDC regulations continue to maintain the wearing of masks, social distancing practices, etc. for some individuals in certain circumstances: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/fully-vaccinated-guidance.html.
- There are no social distancing requirements, and there will still be space allotted in the church for those who wish to remain distanced
- There are no capacity restrictions and no gathering limits, except at indoor venues that hold more than 5,000.
- Holy Communion will continue to be distributed under the form of bread only. There are to be no common or shared Communion chalices.
- The Sign of Peace is optional and there still should be no physical contact.
- Hand sanitizer should continue to be available at all church entrances and in the Sanctuary where it can be easily used by celebrants, Extraordinary Ministers of Holy Communion, and others serving or attending Mass.
- Festivals and other parish events may resume.
As you know, the dispensation from the obligation to attend Sunday and Holy Day Masses was lifted on the Solemnity of the Most Holy Body and Blood of Christ, Sunday, June 6. It should be noted as well that anyone who is frail or at risk due to advanced age or medical conditions is always excused from this obligation. Caregivers, too, may have to use prudential judgment about attendance at Mass, carefully considering the risk factors involved.
To watch mass at home:
For a link to Zoom the 10:15am Family Mass at St. Mary's please email [email protected]
Bishop Robert Barron will be streaming mass each day HERE
Sunday and daily Mass streaming and broadcast schedule and links to viewing for Syracuse diocese churches can be found HERE
Click HERE for other mass options for different ages
Reconciliation is available by appointment - please call 315 685-5083 to schedule - please leave a message.